Thursday, July 26, 2007

No solicitors means just that

I usually don't blow off my top the way I did today, but I had reason. Earlier today, I got home and no sooner did I try to rest for a few minutes before ordering dinner than someone knocks on my door wanting me to switch gas companies. Now natually he went into his shtick about "we just want to check your gas bill" but it was pretty obvious what he was up to. I pointed to the sign on my door that says "No solicitations" and when he tried to persist, I literally had to scream at him to get off my property.

Maybe I was out of line. But it's my house. And if I wanted to consider pricing options I'd call around myself. They're talking about a "do not call" list for Canada. Maybe it's time we had a "do not disturb" list that applied all around.

I don't care if the door knocker is sixty years old raising money for charity, or six and selling candy. When I say I'm not interested, I mean precisely that!

Vote for this post at Progressive Bloggers.

No comments: