Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Want to NETFILE your tax return? Sorry, no can do!

So here I am, finally doing my and my father's taxes ... I knew I was getting a refund but I was shocked to see Dad was getting one to. And I'm just about to file over the Internet and discover -- the site is down. Matter of fact, the whole damn server is down so that not even the professional tax preparers can file. Nor can you use TELEFILE either if you have a relatively simple return. A lot of people who thought their returns are being processed are instead discovering they're in a huge queue.

The people at the CRA say that the glitch happened sometime between Sunday night and Monday morning when the system is down and it won't accept returns anyway. Okay, fine ... but with all the taxes we spend you'd think they could have an IT man or woman on call to work on the issue. After all, a lot of us need the money for the March "crunch" we seem to face each year. Oh yeah ... it's the government. They only work 8:30 to 4 Monday to Friday.

Vote for this post at Progressive Bloggers.

No comments: