Friday, November 7, 2008

Norm Marshall 1918-2008



It's very hard to imagine Hamilton -- or Ontario for that matter -- without the quintessential broadcasting legend named Norm Marshall. His voice, like Walter Cronkite's, was authoritative. If you heard him say it, that's the way it was. Can you say that about Global or the Conservative TeleVision Network?
Even CHCH, which is now an adjunct of Global (cum E!) is a load of crap. Marshall must have been furious at what it became after he left.
For shame.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a 30-year friend of Norm and Helen's daughter Janice. I am weeping for them right now.

I met Mr. Marshall on several occasions during my lifelong friendship with Janice, who I care more about than many others close to me, and learned first-hand where she acquired her calm, intelligence, resolve, sense of equity and right, and resilience.

Norm Marshall was a man of stature and of substance. I am not surprised that he is being mourned so eloquently by friends, colleagues and 'observers' from near and far.

Sheila Gervais