Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Can the Internet kill you?

First there was "Rubik's Thumb." Then people started getting carpal tunnel syndrome by trading Pokémon cards. (Remember those?)

Now, a man in Mainland China has died after a marathon three day on-line gambling binge. (I though gambling was illegal on the Mainland? After all, about a hundred people ran for the exits when the cops showed up.)

I appreciate all the friends and acquaintances I've made over the last few years on the Net ... but even I have limits. I have a job that has me surfing part of the day, for one thing (albeit strictly for research); and for another, I'm already in an office pool so why would I want to play the ponies in a part of the universe I have trouble understanding?

Vote for this post at Progressive Bloggers.


No comments: