Sunday, May 20, 2007

When Willy met Rush

This has been going around the net a few days, but I just had to comment on the rather remarkable chance meeting that Bill Clinton and Rush Limbaugh had the other day at a top-notch restaurant in NYC. Limbaugh posted a transcript of what he says happened (I'd post an audio link but it's for dittohead members only and I have no intention of joining that league).

I just found it interesting that a guy who spent the better part of the nineties practically wishing that Slick Willy would drop dead would be chatting it up like that with him ... almost letting bygones be bygones. Ditto for Clinton, who probably rued the day Rush was conceived. But at least Limbaugh acknowledged Clinton has the right to exist (and vice versa) and the two were actually polite to each other for the five minutes or so they were talking. I'll give them credit for that.

Vote for this post at Progressive Bloggers.

No comments: