Friday, July 14, 2006

Woman calls 911 looking for a date

It's gotten to the point in my life where I'm in such a rut in terms of human relations, that I've signed up for one of those "speed dating" events. But consider this item: One desperate woman in Aloha, Oregon, called 911 regarding a noise complaint. A few hours later, she called back asking for the same officer, who she that was "cutest cop she'd ever seen" -- and was promptly arrested for abusing the emergency system.

Man, I've heard of patients falling for their EMS rescuers or the nurse or the doctor in the hospital -- but this is ridiculous. Even I'm not that desperate for a woman! (Although I have do some female friends from high school who are now nurses, physiotherapists, or forensic pathologists.)

To vote for this article at Progressive Bloggers, click here.