Tuesday, February 26, 2008

LA, the best tap water?

I had to chuckle at this one.

Two cities tied for first in the annual contest for the best tasting tap water, this past weekend.

One was Clearbrook, British Columbia.

The other was ... Los Angeles, California; and it's not the first time they've won. I think it's largely because the water board is a government agency and they have strict quality standards.

Makes me shudder about the period in 2000 and 2001 where I had to get a water filter pitcher because the water here in Hamilton tasted so awful -- was in fact, a laxative. All because the contract for water and sewer was let first to a copper scrap dealer; and then during those two years when it got really bad, to Enron. Since the city got the contract back the taste has improved considerably.

No coincidence, in my opinion.

Vote for this post at Progressive Bloggers.

No comments: